“And I said to my body softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ I took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.’”
– Nayyirah Waheed
What is Conscious Breathwork?
Conscious Connected Circular Breathing is a breathing technique in which the breather intentionally connects the inhale with the exhale without any pauses for an extended period of time. With Conscious Breathwork we can connect with our subconscious and move what’s been stuck and stored inside of us (often causing dis-ease). Oftentimes a nervous system reset, breathwork increases feelings of wellbeing, and self love. As one enters into an (often) altered state, we’re able to tap into our innate capacity for healing and growth. At times, uncomfortable emotions can arise, and sometimes it can feel challenging as things are moving through and then settling. From feelings of bliss and ecstasy to grief and anger, all can be felt and are welcome here. I guide and support you through the session holding space for everything that comes up. This is for those of you who are ready to do some personal work and step into the most authentic and awakened version of yourself. If you’re ready to improve your mental and emotional health, explore consciousness, and to increase your quality of life, please reach out, I’d love to chat.
Benefits and Contraindications of Conscious Breathwork
- Moves stuck energy
- Decrease stress/anxiety
- Gain clarity and insight
- Improve your relationships
- Increase creativity
- Improve motivation
- Reconnects you with your body
- Expanded sense of wellbeing and joy
- Helps to address and move through grief
- Decrease feelings of depression
- Increase connection with the Spiritual realm
- Connect with loved ones (and pets) who have died
- Resolve emotional issues
- Strengthen the relationship with your inner intelligence/wisdom
Medical and Psychiatric Contraindications
Breathwork can be risky for some with certain health issues. Breathwork can bring up intense feelings and emotions, sometimes reliving past traumas. We want to make sure everyone is physically healthy and mentally grounded with the right support before participating. Please see below for contraindications, and if experiencing/experienced any in the list, please consult Dr and talk with me before attending.
- Aneurysm (2 or more in family or if you’ve had one)
- Cardiovascular disease/Heart attack
- Epilepsy/History of seizures
- High blood pressure not being treated
- History of Stroke
- Bipolar disorder diagnosed
- Hospitalization for mental health crisis over the last 10 years
Confidentiality is agreed upon in all (public and private) groups and 1:1 sessions, amongst all participants.